Willkommen Gast. Bitte Einloggen oder Registrieren
Willkommen im Kubaforum

Willkommen im Kubaforum!!
  ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrieren  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
Que Bolá? A series of Cuba photos with comments (Gelesen: 5762 mal)
09. April 2006 um 00:23
alina   Ex-Mitglied

Ausgezeichneter Reiseblog von Paul McLaurin, einem pensionierten Arzt aus North Carolina.

http://ponchosanza.blogspot.com/

Shave and a Hair Cut, 2 Pesos

There are many old traditional barber shops in Havana. They are meeting places, parlors for conversation, and dominos just like they are in the USA. A lot of sports and a little bit of politics get discussed as well. Many of those discussions get too animated and loud for a barber shop. Discussing things like that in close proximity to straight razors is not a particularly good idea. Most are very clean. The barbers wear clean starched smocks, and it is a genuinely professional atmosphere. One of the more humane and meaningful things about the neighborhood societies that exist throughout the city.

IP gespeichert

Antwort #1 - 02. Mai 2006 um 19:59
alina   Ex-Mitglied

Pescadoros

I am not sure if that is really a word, but it is an apt description of these fellows who go "deep-sea fishing" spending the night at sea in hopes of a good catch. They have crafted rafts from large Styrofoam containers and old lumber. These are powered by legs and swim fins of the fishermen. They typically leave and return with the tide, almost all staying out 18-30 hours. They carry a bottle of rum, some food, water, and a big hat to protect them from the sun. Although this seems like a dangerous profession to me, those I have talked with are happy and they enjoy their work. All hope to make a good catch of good eating, tasty fish that will be sold to the better restaurants. This another of the fascinating ways the Cubans have adapted to their lives and hardships.

http://ponchosanza.blogspot.com/2006/03/pescadoros.html

IP gespeichert

Antwort #2 - 02. Mai 2006 um 20:36

osvaldocuba   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
x1|eschweiler 52249|Marshall_Islands|europe|226|253|NW,Nordrhein-Westfalen

hast du auch mal was in deutsch

IP gespeichert

Antwort #3 - 03. Mai 2006 um 11:09

Uli   Offline
Ay! Que cantidad!
x0||||||

und in Farbe?

Bring on the dancing girls and put the champagne on ice
IP gespeichert

Antwort #4 - 03. Mai 2006 um 21:24

osvaldocuba   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
x1|eschweiler 52249|Marshall_Islands|europe|226|253|NW,Nordrhein-Westfalen

ich bitte darum Laut lachend

IP gespeichert

Antwort #5 - 18. Juni 2006 um 00:05
alina   Ex-Mitglied

Happy Father's Day

I was in Havana three years ago for Father's Day. The family where I was staying had a party for me and their father. Each of us got a bottle of good rum, a poem, and a song sung by the children. It was a terrific event. I encountered this lady with her sign on the street several blocks away. Holidays and events like we had are a big part of Cuban life. A poem, a special dessert, children singing a song--these are the things that add real soul to life, the Cubans have that in abundance.

IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken